Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
!!fqcSo3h+it7
[519 / 8 / 52]

Path of the Exorcist #2

!!fqcSo3h+it7 ID:g0CZzYil No.5689736 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Previous thread: https://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Path%20of%20the%20Exorcist

These are difficult times that you're living in. War is brewing in the west, while a rot festers in the heart of the nation. Every day seems to bring new challenges, new threats, and there are so few of you with the means to fight back. When the Regent makes his grand speech tonight, it's hard to imagine that he'll have much good news to announce.

So, despite the chatter that carries on around you, it's hard to muster up much excitement for the big speech.

“You're wrong, by the way,” you announce, your idle thought cutting the conversation short in an instant. Johannes turns slowly to stare at you, his eyes narrowing slightly as he considers your words.

“Is that so?” he replies eventually, a faint note of amusement in his voice.

“The Regent. He has given a speech before. Quite recently, in fact,” you explain, “A few years back, I believe. He came to the academy and gave a short speech. Nothing particularly interesting – just thanking us for our work and wishing luck to the new cadets – but it WAS a speech.”

“Oh yes. I remember that now,” Johannes thinks for a moment before shrugging his broad shoulders, “Doesn't count.”

“What do you mean, it “doesn't count”? He came here to speak – it was, by default, a speech!” you protest, looking around at the others for support, “Explain to me how that doesn't count.”

Johannes considers this, even as Harriet struggles to hold back a fit of laughter. “It was an official visit. A private event. A public speech is a completely different thing,” he decides eventually, “The difference is obvious. Persephone – you understand what I'm talking about, don't you?”

“I feel like I'm getting stupider just by listening to this conversation,” she remarks with a yawn, “Who CARES about a silly little thing like this?”

“Not so little...” you grumble, although the arrival of Master Brehm cuts your reply short.