Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[66 / 1 / 19]

Bloody Cockpits Quest

ID:1IUdzP7t No.5715200 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
People once said that everything would change once humans escaped their own solar system and got comfy among the stars, but they never really did. The increase in resources and rapidly advancing technology was like adding lanes to a road, just leading to more waste. The reasons why could be debated endlessly, but the why didn't change that things were the way they are.

Just like in the 21st century, those that have and those that have not are so far apart in their situations that a city could be built between them and still have room for some forests or something. Maybe someone has already literally done that. But poverty in peace might have been better than being poor and knowing all you've ever known could become rubble in the course of a single day. Or maybe that little shakeup could have been the best thing to happen in centuries, honestly you haven't decided what you think yet.

To sum it up, multi-generational colony ships left humanity's cradle a long time ago and built the foundations of almost every human habitation to date, and then someone figured out how to travel faster than light and it suddenly became feasible to wage war across stellar distances again, so of course that's what happened. Of course, not everyone is a dickhead, more people than not are decent enough and just want some pretty simple things you've found, but there are enough to ruin it for everyone else and a lot of people will kill those they know nothing about to survive or make a better life for themselves.

Just what kind of person you are is something we'll get to in a minute, and maybe it's putting the cart before the horse, but your future has largely been decided by recent events.

(1/2) (Got an idea that has been bouncing around in my head and wanted to give running something a shot. I hope it will be a fun experience for all and that I won't suck)