Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[61 / 9 / 22]

Ascent to Infinity

ID:A5rZKxrp No.5730629 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Maybe a year ago I made this quest with intention of supplying regular updates. Unfortunately many things came my way that interrupted it, so I wish to repost what I made and continue where it left off.

Abstract: You are an administrator, ejected from your facility ravaged by a civil war between humans and machines, and you've been hiding for hundreds of years until the war you fled caught up to you once more. Being an administrator, you are the target by both sides. You can control automated security drones, bots and cameras across the upper layer of the planet which would secure any region it resides to the power who controls it, but both man and humanoids have destroyed most terminals to keep them out of the others' hands. Escape the horrors of a global power struggle, discover the depths of the factions, choose a side or don't. Use weapons made presently or search for weapons left behind by ancestors made with technology lost to time. Engage in battles or avoid them. Make allies, enemies, betray them, turn them on one another, stay back and disappear into any hidden corner you can find or become the sole dictator of the upper layer. The choice is yours.

The boot sequence flashes before your eyes.

COMMENCING BOOT SEQUENCE…

REACTOR TEMPERATURE: NORMAL

REACTOR PRESSURE: NORMAL

VITALS: NORMAL

GEOGRAPHICAL DATA: ERROR

ACTIVATING IFF

ACTIVATING FCS

COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS: ERROR

ACTIVATING INERTIAL CONTROL UNIT

ACTIVATING ENVIRONMENTAL SENSORS

MEMORY UNIT: FUNCTIONAL

If you’ve awakened, this means something’s
happened. As the sequence progresses, the audio rings through your microphones. Explosions, somewhat far away, echo across the vast open spaces between district blocks of the layer you’ve been residing silently on. Based on your recollection of human history, wars usually last between a few months to a few years at most. The display on the UI indicates the time elapsed since you went into sleep mode.

YEARS: 872

MONTHS: 4

DAYS: 17

HOURS: 2

MINUTES: 40

BOOT SEQUENCE COMPLETE.
GEOGRAPHICAL NAVIGATION OFFLINE. COMMUNICATIONS OFFLINE. PROCEED TO NEAREST TERMINAL FOR DIAGNOSTIC.

The pod you’re in breaks its seal and hinges upward to allow you to exit. With communication and navigation down, it’s impossible to contact the remaining administrators or even find the nearest terminal. Your vision comes into focus. It’s a dark, disgusting alleyway far from comfortable for living creatures. Leaking exhaust vents, secreting pipes and a pungent layer of dust and debris cover every surface. Another explosion echoes through the chasms of the space between the district blocks. It’s getting nearer. Some time will need to elapse before it’s possible to locate the nearest terminal.

PROTOCOL A62 ACTIVATED

UPON REACTIVATION FROM SLEEP MODE,
ADMINISTRATION EMERGENCY SHELTERS ARE TO BE EVACUATED AND DESTROYED.

EXECUTE