Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[325 / 104 / 46]

Grand worldbuilding game (24 players)

ID:VJwgcysi No.5732486 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
The world is subdivided into 24 regions, roll for your region and develop it during phases. If we don't find 24 players, some regions will remain uncolonized.
These regions are not countries and you do not play as them, rather you are essentially a "regional loremaster" for this region for a time being, based on GM's request you world-build history, maps, characters, cities, and cultures, design flags and what not on this region limited your rolls and whatnot.
The quest is divided into different time periods like (e.g. age of tribes, age of city-states, e.g.), during which different things take shape. Every swap "loremasters" of regions so you will have to shape someone else's region.
Once we get to a certain age (age of discovery?) people from different regions can start colonizing other regions.

>Getting started
Roll d24 to determine your initial region and name it

>Preview
Because I wish not to disappoint anyone, I want a provide a brief preview of what I'm thinking of doing for "age of tribes". Details might change so, nobody do this yet.
Players are asked to draw rivers and split their region into X-amount of subregions, number and name them
Player will roll determine resources (domesticated animals, soil quality, and minerals) of every subregion
Player will divide the subregions among 2-4 tribes and provide some lore about these tribes

Moving "age of city-state"
After swapping regions and the new loremaster of regions rolls to determine which subregion is the birthplace of the region's cradle of civilization.
Then the player will roll to determine how many centuries the first city-state lasted before collapsing
The player will then provide some details about the existence of the city-state, its rulers, and its downfall.