Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
!!mceqYMwptbm
[128 / 1 / 39]

Claymore: Second Swords Quest #80

!!mceqYMwptbm ID:kdvKiK0M No.5749157 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
You are Noel Tiberius di Hazaran, and you’ve asked one of your own to make a gamble. That’s not something you do often but in this case there’s been a broad consensus that it was necessary – that having been said, you’re still not going to just let the die fall where it’s cast. There are still ways for you to tilt things in Sabrina’s favor even from afar, even if by only a little.

“I’m going to get a little greedy this time,” you confess of your plans to interrupt your enemy’s communications using the transmitting equipment aboard the ship your faction stole from them. “I’m not ready to give up having a warship like this at our disposal.”

[Who is it you plan to get fuel from?] Serana asks curiously. [The only place I can think to look is our enemy.]

She stares back at your grin with dawning comprehension. [What.]

“Of course I know full well that it would take too long to refuel a ship of this size properly,” you explain, “but our enemy has multiple ships of this type. So long as we have one at the end of the day, any of them will suffice.”

“And the others will have more fuel aboard already,” Valentina realizes your thoughts. “Saving us the trouble of having to do it.”

[You plan to strip down the warship we have and use it for bait?] Serana adds. [How do you intend to convince the enemy to come for us?]

“I’m not proud of this strategy,” you admit. “In fact, its use in warfare has been ruled as a crime against the common dignity in several neighboring kingdoms.”

Valentina’s eyes light up.

In a secluded bay, quite close to your enemy’s foothold port, you set up your plan. You and Valentina will be needed here at the ship, while Serana, Lucia, Zara, and Salem secure one of the two other warships of this type – you reason they won’t risk both in a confrontation, and will leave one on the defense here. But when you switch on the transmitter, broadcasting across all channels used by your enemy, you know for a fact that what you’re about to do will serve as the rudest and perhaps most effective bait possible.

“Valentina,” you smile as she positions the pipes and chanter and takes a breath.

“Yes, Lady Noel?”

“You may fire when ready.”

“Aye, ma’am!”

The familiar drone and notes of a well-known marching tune fill the bridge, and at the same time should be blasting out of the receivers of every enemy unit within range.
>3d10, best of four