Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[150 / 4 / 37]

Kobolt Klan Adoption 14

ID:eDGAvqwQ No.5772094 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Archive of previous thread:
https://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/2023/5715265/
===
Recap:
You ended up in a fairy court to save Esmeralda, who turns out to be romantically in love with you, to her shame. She was tricked into coming to them by wishing that. However, now you need to make a fairy king/monster close all of its eyes. Unfortunately, it has many dozens of eyes.
It's also a titanic spider thing, and it traded one pair of its eyes with your guide's pair. You've been bumming out this court by whining about your past and your crusade days, and now... You're in a one-on-one talk with the King.
It wanted to cure your dragon curse, in exchange for your stories. You're too cool for that.
===

"Now I am here. Trying to make my way through a forest of... Persistent hosts." You reply, and some pixies flutter around the King, who has been watching closely...
Many of his eyes are closed. All but two, and that eye-like pattern swirling on his back.
"Indeed..."
"I would permit thee to leave. Let thee finish this story... But mine eyes are not closed yet. And I can offer you... a solution."

The spider-thing moves forward.
"An end to your transformation. To all of your friends. In exchange for your stories."
You blink, and when you look around, you notice the world has... Stopped. A faint grey colouration. The leaves don't rustle, the musicians don't speak. It's deathly quiet but for the burbling voice of the titanic thing of many legs.
"Do not worry. This is between the knight and the king. Shall you take mine offer? Or shall thee try *another* court. One far less... pleasant?"

"You want to know how the story ends?" You say in response. The creature tilts its head as you continue. "What a poor ending that would make. 'And then a powerful king came and took away all my woes, and then I lived in his court happily ever after.' It would be... disappointing, no?"
The creature huffs, and steps closer still. It smells of salted meat.
"I am offering thee a solution. Not an end. A knight as powerful as you, surely, has much more stories to make with us."
"Not interested. I intend to reach my goal without otherworldly help. And I do not intend to stay here, either."

The creature begins to walk around you, though you never turn your back to it.
"Very well, morsel. You are a bore, by choice. An insult I shan't accept." The voice turns harsher, more and more scratchy.
"Mine court... I shall leave out of this. They have suffered enough at the hands of thine tales. I shall break thee, instead... Make you sing the songs we desire and need."

The creature stops, having made a full circle around you by now.
"But I am merciful. I give you one more chance. Serve me for five years. See what we have to offer. If you still wish to leave... You may keep your stories."
"Or else?"
"...The displeasure of a King."

Hm.

>Strike first. Breathe fire.

>Try to talk your way out
How, though?

>Strike first, draw blood as you draw your blade.

hey kids i got the milk.