Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[161 / 1 / 29]

Renovatio Imperii 9

ID:rN7bUNJb No.5777018 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
No matter how much you despite the man. You have to admit that the situation is a damned precarious one. You are running on fumes, not just that, but your <span class="mu-i">tagmata</span> had also been pushed to its upper limits and has been run ragged, being the only force capable and skilled enough to react on both the defensive and the offensive. As for the locals ? They had been of poor quality to begin with, and now they had been whittled down even further. If the man keeps to his threat, and from what you know of his tactics, he is spiteful enough to do so no doubt, then you will be overwhelmed. Oh no doubt you will reap a toll so great that it would make the Akeonians weep. But you would die. And dying gloriously is not what their majesty requires. They require victory.

”Fine, but you will be watched every step of the way.” You finally spit out.

“Ah, your lack of trust wounds me deeply.” With a mock gesture Guillaume responds to you. “Though, good choice. I had given orders that in three days’ time unless I specify a different command for everything that can be carried is to be carried, and everything else iss to be burnt.” He looks slightly annoyed, even now you can see the fakeness apparent in the act. “But alas, it seems I will have to run my messengers ragged.”

“Call the siege off.” With no change in your tone, you demand.

“I suppose I should do that, yes. Well then, good day, <span class="mu-i">domestikos</span>.” He says putting on the same dragon helm that you had witnessed numerous times with great annoyance.

Turning your mount about, the meeting comes to a swift and conclusive end. The retreat could still take days, weeks even. But if the deal is fair and true, the Akeonians will be pushed out of imperial lands, or well, at the least be prevented from stealing and ravaging more of them.