Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
!!wo6WrvOJTzD
[117 / 25 / 43]

Blood, Blade and Incense: A One-Shot Story

!!wo6WrvOJTzD ID:YDwE5lhW No.5778392 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
You haven't visited many far away places, but you've heard the stories from travellers and foreigners, gold hefting merchants from the West and turban wearing mercenaries from the East. In the West, dukes, counts and bishops plot and scheme around imperial thrones of yore, while the spires of mighty cathedrals and fortresses obscure the sky above them, monuments to the Saints and unquenchable ambition. In the East, holy men cry out praises to their One God from golden domes and towers in the shape of a slim dagger, while an opulent despot, a Sultan of Sultans, rules an oriental empire stretching like a great snake above mountains, rivers and fields.

But none of these places are <span class="mu-i">your</span> home.

Your home is the Frontier, a crossroads between two worlds, the East and the West. A place where tall hills covered in ancient forests pass into sun-baked karst hiding fertile fields. Many lay claim to it, but none is keen on upholding the same, for its people are willful and the land hides ancient forces, some good, some evil and all strange. Only the huddled villages and townships dare to carve out a rough existence in these parts, squabbling for land and pastures among themselves while fighting, trading and serving the foreigners. Such a rough lifestyle, devoid from the luxuries of West and East, breeds rough men. Men who do not shy away from a fight, be it against his fellow man or beasts hiding in the dark and twisted corners of the land.

<span class="mu-i">You</span> are one of these men. Bandit, freedom fighter, monster hunter.

<span class="mu-i">You</span> are a <span class="mu-r">hajduk.</span>