Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[205 / 3 / 55]

Kobolt Klan Adoption 15

ID:4lqIDp+E No.5813050 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
After some consideration... you've decided that you're going to lay down a trap for the son of a bitch that fired an arrow at you, and indirectly started this godforsaken mess. Besides, you need to figure out how easy it is to walk, now, though initial testing seems... promising, at least. The main thing you're worried about is how stable your stance is, compared to before, considering you're not standing on digits instead of an entire foot... Though, you do notice that the soles of your foot are not only thicker, but... Not too dissimilar to sandpaper. Not a lot of friction, though the wet grass is still a danger. Not much more than when you were still wearing boots, but... so be it.
You leave the trapping up to Snikt and Anna, who were both excitedly working together in setting something up.
As you learn to walk and wait for the trap... you also just talk to the others. Snikt has told you a few... disturbing things about Pink, for instance, and you kind of feel like you haven't had a regular heart to heart with anybody in a hot minute.
So, as you sit down, adjusting your tail to do so, you look over to Collar and Teensy, who are both playing tag with some of the fairies.
Seems that, considering the new Prince of the Forest is friendly with you, they're rather forgiving...

All the same, he doubts that this friendliness will last long. He is quite thankful that you, essentially, turned him into a fae baron and cured his madness as a result, but still... Only so much he can do.
You call Pink closer to you, and she all but sprints over. Chad decides to sit nearby as well, as does William.
"...Pink. We haven't talked in a while, and I'm sorry. Lots of things have been on my mind... Especially now."
"Its fine, Dragon! We still talked!"
"Never really beyond what's needed, though, don't you think?"

Pink shrugs.
"You are not obligated to do anything, Dragon."
You pat her on the head, smiling, and then you get a little more serious.
"...Snikt told me about what you've been saying. About humanity. Do you really hate humans that much?"
"It's not *hate*. It's... a dislike. They don't seem to understand how the world works, but they play to its tune all the same."
"You called humanity a weakness."
"It is. How many humans have defeated a dragon alone? Let alone a human willing to adopt something they consider beneath them. You are not like them."

You sigh.
"People can't be summed up by the actions of one man. Or even a dozen men. Or are you going to say that every single kobolt here is exactly like Collar?"
She blinks.
She blinks again.
"In... a way?"
"Truly? Where is your collar? Your sisterly love to Teensy?"
"I like Teens-"
"Like a sister?"

Pink goes silent.
"...I see. But this country is still awful."
"I'm... not going to deny that, though I'm starting to think a lot of countries aren't entirely fun..."