Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[46 / 6 / 27]

Ranger's Apprentice Quest #1: An Uncertain Future

ID:h79v3MFN No.5822002 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Welcome fellas to the Ranger’s apprentice quest

This’ll be my first go as a QM and I believe it’ll be a first for ranger’s apprentice here as well. As it is my first I’ll be relying on some good feedback to make sure I’m doing a sufficient job so please don’t hold back.

>The Setting
You’re living in the recently instituted Mandragor Fief in the Kingdom of Araluen 30 years after the death of Will Treaty. The fief is located on the Uthal plains north of the mountains of rain and night. The town is buzzing with optimism day in and day out, with everyone working their hardest to develop the new fief and prove their worth to the kingdom. Due to the mix of people from all over that came to populate the fief (generally people of high standing) the people enjoy a higher than normal standard of living. The current king is Duncan ll and all previous treaties/alliances are annulled, however there’s no current conflict. Book knowledge won’t be too necessary to follow along as I’ve taken some creative liberties and also won’t be using anything from the royal ranger onwards.

>Your Character
Your name is Gideon Page, a half Araluen half Toscani boy. Your family moved here from Redmont fief to experience a new frontier with the prospective annexation of the mountains, rumored to be home to hidden treasures stowed away from past conflicts.

One day not long after finally getting your meager belongings set in the humble home your parents were able to secure. Your father was asked here by Baron Cormac for his skill, he was well known in some circles for his forging. Your mother found work in the Baron’s castle, helping direct the kitchen staff and handle guests. The only person who was struggling to adapt to the environment was your older brother Beren, you rarely saw him in the first week as he spent most of his free time away from your parent’s and the home, preferring instead to explore the surrounding woods. Before long he was returning home with small game for your mother to cook. Over time you all settled and about a year later when at the age of nine your parents approached you offering to bring you along with them to their jobs so you may begin finding your own way in the world. Who did you choose to shadow?

>Go with your father to assist with his work as a blacksmith
>Go with your mother to serve nobles in the castle
>Go hunting with your brother
>Wander town and mingle