Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[318 / 49 / 53]

"Spaceship Pilot in a Fantasy World" Quest

ID:X8kIvtjl No.5827414 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>"Hggh... My ass..."
With a pounding head and an aching behind you jump out of the burning pile of junk metal that only a few seconds ago used to be your prized companion, the STR-K. You wonder why the dozens of safety mechanisms you check and re-check are fully functional every time before you go on a mission didn't activate during the one time in your life you managed to get into an actual accident... Probably the fault of that shitty AI you installed into it last week, you swear command purposefully gave you a busted one just to make your life harder...
>"Aahh... My beautiful boy... how did it come to this..."
As you sob quietly on top of your ex-beloved companion, you rewind back a couple minutes ago in your mind.
You and your... uh... partner, flew your ships, the STR-K and the CC-DA, into orbit to investigate a strange... thing that appeared and... did stuff. Okay you aren't sure EXACTLY what it was, but it was black hole-looking and pulsated weirdly, so it was probably bad. Anyways, you tried shooting it with your ship's plasma beam, as you normally would, and it suddenly started pulsating even stronger aaand... now you're here. Wherever this is.
You could run your son's- I mean your ship's IPS to find out where you are (as long as it's within humanity's intergalactic map, at least), but entering it seems way too dangerous for now. Since you're not suffocating instantly at least you know oxygen won't be a concern.
What will you do?
>Look around
>Run your plugsuit's diagnostics
>Try to call partner using your wrist communicator
>Lay down and cry a bit, maybe it'll help