Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[779 / 28 / 206]

Gotham City Beat Cop 3

ID:xHap5H9g No.5832876 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
You look the Anarkist in the eyes and grip Bass Head's shoulder.

"For ten thousand dollars, I may be sold. But I'm keeping the kid, that way if you fuck me over he can go to Calc and spill everything he knows about your gang." You pat Bass Head on the shoulder and smile menacingly. "Sound good?"

"Sure thing. I can get you an address for a meet. You gotta come in person, Anarky wants to talk to you himself." He slowly reaches in his pocket and pulls out a scrap piece of paper. You lean out and snatch it from him, causing him to recoil a bit.

"I'll be there. The money better be what you said too, otherwise this Cobra is gonna have to STRIKE!" You emphasis the final word with a small lunge towards him cut short. It is pretty amusing to watch him skip backwards as if you actually were going to bite him, but any sense of cool is drowned out by the look you're getting from Bass Head. You sigh.

"Beat it, I'm taking this kid to my partners just down the road a bit. They can hold him for me." You check the scrap as you speak and see it's a meeting by the docks at eleven tonight. You look back up at the goon staring at you absently, you flick your fingers at him and he takes the hint to leave. You turn your back with Bass Head in tow and breathe a low sigh of relief. You also shake your head and pinch the bridge of your nose. The fucking "Cobra" why did you give yourself a name?

As you get to the car you see Huntress carrying a much larger crossbow than the small hand-bows you had seen her with before, Question carries a small club in his lap. You walk past them and open the back seat for Bass Head to crawl in.

"This is the boy?" Question asks you, same flat tone as ever.

"Obviously." Huntress chimes in, rolling her eyes. "The real question is what were you talking about with that Anarkist? Why were you talking at all instead of putting some hurt on him?"

"Because he's apparently recruiting for THE Anarky."

"That isn't possible." Question says quietly. "None of my sources heard anything about this."

"Apparently he's been laying low, really low. But he's not happy with how the Museum attack went. Whoever he wants, they didn't get it."

"Whoever?"

"Yeah, the job was a kidnapping. I have an in, they think I work for Calc."

"Explains why he was so jumpy." Huntress says, slowly releasing the tension on her crossbow and folding it up. "But Calc usually doesn't get that kind of reaction from people, he hires some serious goons though."

"That's my cover for now, I go by.." You pause

"You go by what?"

"Cobra." You say quietly.