Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
!HQdLRxFnaM
[455 / 34 / 89]

Core of Steel- 08 Repairs

!HQdLRxFnaM ID:l/RKg4sZ No.5886958 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
<span class="mu-s">Excerpt of mission report, Operation Rolling Thunder</span>

-The forces guarding Camp Nagita were, overall, insufficient to defend such a high value asset from a determined assault. Losses were not negligible, especially in the veteran pilots needed to operate such walkers and among the artillery crews of the Long Toms, but the value of the base and surface repair facilities, captured mostly intact, cannot be understated.

That’s before getting into the different Project weapons and the potential salvage options available.

The ‘Angel’ mechs in particular demonstrated their effectiveness against my own lances. It would be nice to have their disabling firepower on our side.

The superheavy tripod, somewhat less. I speculatively suggest that the machine be scrapped for parts and Myomar, the main energy weapon set aside for installation on a more practical platform.
I am unsure how it was moved here in the first place, or how it will be moved back to the repair bays. And honestly, I’m glad that the reactor didn’t meltdown or worse, trigger a criticality incident.

Immediate reinforcements are requested, at least several MRVs to bring loyal salvage and repair crews to operate this facility. It is an excellent forward staging point for another push north at the capitol, or for additional Patriot forces to rally on.

That was all the good news.
The underground bunker network, when investigated, was a house of death. Security holed up with a chunk of the engineering staff and VIPs, and most of them lost their lives when the firefighting and other base systems triggered, flooding sealed rooms with nitrogen gas.

Survivors were few, and thus prisoners were as well. I have my suspicions that some StateSec in the control room decided to try and clean house, but it would have been a lot easier for them to take a more active hand.

In addition, we have been unable to locate the base AI Core that should be running the system, according to intelligence gained on-site.
Note that this is apparently a new-build Core, codename ‘Echo’, not the preexisting Core that was installed into the tripod.

The concealment of such a development brings serious doubts as to our ally in Project Warden’s commitment to the cause.

The heavy cloud cover has hidden our movements from high-altitude or satellite imaging, but a low-flying drone was spotted and shot down. It is only a matter of time before loyalists gather a more complete picture of how few mechs we have, and mount a counterattack.

To cap things off, our ace is unreliable, as battle damage seems to have knocked their AI unit offline, and the pilot is spending their time playing at being infantry investigating the underground instead of being on the ready-five.

For the Empire,
-Captain Edgar Algiers
13th Iron Guards, 2nd Company