Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
!!wy0RzVFRI8k
[259 / 38 / 48]

Batquest Issue #4, Part II: Batquest/Superquest

!!wy0RzVFRI8k ID:KbK+6fOz No.5891913 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>>5887678
>Pencils: Jim Lee Inks: Scott Williams Colors: Alex Sinclair
>Alt-text: Batman and Superman facing each other. Superman stands on an eagle statue, Batman stands on a gargoyle head. Behind Superman is Metropolis in the day, the Daily Planet globe is visible in the skyline. Behind Batman is the Gotham skyline at night.
>Vote Title: Duane Swierczynski , Paul Dini

You stare at the elixir of power, lick your lips at its green ichor, pull it to your lips... And stop.
No matter how much you want this power, the city needs your team more. Taking this would break it, possibly forever.

IVY: No, thank you.
BLACK MASK: Sweet! Now I get to do a New Jack City!

He pulls out a gun.

BLACK MASK: By the Red Rock of Rage, I bless you with dea-

SFX: WHAM!

A cachaba knocks Sionis mask-first into the podium.

NIGHTWING: I object!
IVY: Seriously?
NIGHTWING: How often am I going to have that set up?
ORCA: INFILTRATOR!

1200 Kilograms of muscle smashes through the podium. Nightwing’s quick flip the only thing keeping him from being a stain.

NIGHTWING: Take the mutagen, go!

You rush toward the exit but the crowd swarms you.

ICY: Stop or I’ll drink it! Do you want to see why I’ll do you like that?!

You gesture to Orca. Currently, dual welding pews like swords in a vain attempt to kill your partner.

The acolytes part like the Red Sea, giving you a clear escape.

NIGHTWING: Redbird! Escape Protocol <span class="mu-i">DUY!</span>
SFX:<span class="mu-s"> <span class="mu-i">SHSHSHSHxhsshsxhxsshsKSHDWHSststcrrsshhsss</span></span>

The whole room covers their ears as a sound like a thousand seagulls eating nails on a chalkboard echoes through the building's acoustics.
And through the door, Nightwing’s high-tech motorcycle, Redbird. Without its tires.

NIGHTWING: Wha--OOOF!!

The distracted skydancer takes a church chair to the ribcage, knocking him on the floor.

ORCA: You can’t destroy what we built here. A movement!

You have a clear shot to the exit, mutagen in your hand. But Nightwing is vulnerable. Do you help him?
Or run to take the mutagen back to base?

>Heartbreak and Vine
No one person is worth more than the mission. Nightwing made a sacrifice the same way you would, and still will.
The team needs this mutagen to save the city, and if you try to save Nightwing there is a good chance you’ll both be captured.

>Union
Never leave anyone behind. Mission or not, Nightwing is a comrade. And no amount of mutagen is worth his life.
You have to try to save him no matter the risk.