Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[121 / 16 / 20]

Setting Sun I

ID:W1oK0lEp No.5899862 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
<span class="mu-g">The Heavenly Empire endured as the beacon of civilization for over a millennium. Now, it was on the brink of collapse, having struggled to overcome the past century's Freezing Winters and Scorching Summers. Bandits roamed the countryside, stealing Imperial granaries meant for its honest citizenry, rebels revolted to challenge the Emperor's legitimacy and authority over His subjects. Worse, a massive flood of ice and water came crashing down from the mountains, flooding the south and sinking the old Capital. Thus, the Imperial Court called out for Heroes to rise and defend the scared and weak from these outlaws.

Alas, when Heroes were vanquishing evil, the Imperial Court fell into degeneracy. Opportunistic and dishonest courtiers seized the Emperor, a boy one year shy from adulthood, to deprive Him of His righteous grandmother, the Imperial Regent. Imprisoned in His own city, His grandmother summoned the greatest Heroes to march onto the capital and rescue the Emperor, Heir of the Sun, from the clutches of corrupt officials.</span>

Welcome to Setting Sun, a character-driven worldbuilding game. It is primarily story-driven and generally meant to showcase how settings can be focused on pulling as much drama out of a given circumstance and an array of character relationships rather than listing an assortment of factions.

>How This Works
Anons will be writing up characters, not factions, to participate in the rescue of the Emperor. Where your character comes from isn't necessary, and you don't need much understanding of the setting's previously established lore from /tg/, but I will provide some of the more critical lore and then some, if you care enough or whatever.

Every week I will update the setting after considering the characters' goals and relationships. This is determined through submissions and you are more than welcome to discuss what sort of plans or operations you have in mind, but characters will still act towards their primary goal if no submission is made. Submissions will be closed every Friday, and the setting will be updated the following Monday.

This is highly experimental and I'm pretty much winging it because I like to draw. Don't think too hard about it, just pretend you're a Dynasty Warrior and go with the flow. And don't get too obsessed with this, nobody is allowed to be more obsessed about this than me.