Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[11 / 1 / 4]

Grand Text Auto – Ol' Memories edition

ID:XZGdznRA No.5916577 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>Level 0: location: Shady Old Tavern | storyteller: IF System | story: Game | protagonist: You

You find yourself in a dimly lit tavern, the smell of old wood and spilled liquor heavy in the air. The worn leather of the booth creaks below you as a grizzled man slides in across from you. He's got scars that tell more stories than a library, and eyes that have seen too much.

>Level 1: location: A shootout in the '90s | storyteller: Grizzled Man | story: The Big Heist | protagonist: Young Grizzled Man

"This one time," he begins, his voice gravelly with age, "we were pinned down by cops, the loot just out of reach. Bullets flying everywhere, and there I was, just a kid with a gun too big for his hands."

The tavern fades into the background as the man's story takes center stage. He flicks his lighter, the flame briefly illuminating his haunting smirk.

"I remember thinking..."
Player
Level 1: "... fuck it, I'll get my life straight, go to school, and give up on being a gangster" <-- target a specific narration level. This will get interpreted as if that command was issued by the protagonist of that level.
>Level 0: location: Shady Old Tavern | storyteller: IF System | story: Game | protagonist: You

The grizzled man gives a low chuckle, shaking his head at the memory. "I was full of shit, right? Nah, I didn't go to school. I thought it, yeah, but when you're staring down the barrel of a dirty cop's gun, your life doesn't just flash before your eyes—it kicks you in the balls and asks what you’re gonna do about it."

>Level 1: location: A shootout in the '90s | storyteller: Grizzled Man | story: The Big Heist | protagonist: Young Grizzled Man

He grips the table, knuckles white, as if he's back there, trapped in that moment. "So, I did something stupid," he continues, the glint in his eye telling you this is where the story turns. "I grabbed a smoke grenade from Joey's belt, tossed it and—"

He pauses here, perhaps for effect or maybe to watch your reaction, leaving the smoke to linger in the air of his tale.