Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[34 / 23 / ?]

Evo Quest

ID:S/q3HUHI No.5959572 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I used to come on here years ago and there were always 2-3 evo quests and i loved them. don't see any anymore. lets change that.

>Setting

Young planet, only populated with single celled organisms in the oceans. For now, all the species are in the central warm ocean but are free to migrate as they evolve obv. There is no plant life on land (or in the water for that matter; we're pre-cambrian kinda deal), so the green on the map is just to mark climate/precip.

>Rules

Modify the species slightly for each evolution. You're free to redraw the image if you'd like to make it look better. You must either increment the 'Gen' count on the image OR modify the name so we can track lineage. Each 'generation' is enough for a small adaptation/change, so we can say it's a couple million years.

Please reply to the post that you are modifying from also to keep track of lineage <3

In general, I'll say when something is bad and shouldn't be counted, otherwise assume all the changes you're making are OK (they most likely are; some guys just go a little crazy so i'll put a stop to that if it looks like its gonna derail or anything)

In regards to double-posting, don't worry too much about it and just have some common sense. I won't say you strictly cannot double-post on the same species, but give it some time to breathe. If a species hasn't been touched in a while, feel free to reply to your own post again.

I'll do some events after a few generations. No set time but if I notice it's getting stagnant then I'll do one. There will be more info in the post about what is happening.

>Bonus stuff

You're free to create a few more 'starter' species, but probably just modify what I've provided. If people start making new ones I'll say when to stop and there won't be any more accepted after that.