Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[498 / 35 / ?]

Gotham City Beat Cop Quest 6

ID:bJaPoNdF No.5960920 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
You let your eyes linger over Caesar's defiant expression while you run what you know through your head.

Two assailants, college aged, college athletes potentially, vehicle description, and general build and descriptions. Gotham U is a big university but if they're on any sports team it would make finding them much easier. Next you take in Caesar's injuries, he's moving and speaking fine so it's unlikely he broke anything unless he's tough as nails and just isn't letting on. You remain silent thinking about what he said and in the end you have to agree with him. Visiting anything in the city would be a risk that's too big to take.

"Maybe we can't take you to a hospital in the city, but I can still take you to an out of city one."

"What?"

"Get your stuff, I'll take you myself, it's my day off anyways."

"DL, I don't think that's really needed man. I'm fine."

"Those rings of light you see are called 'Halos' and it could mean you have some sort of injury in your head. It needs to get checked out and I'm not gonna take no for an answer."

Caesar stares at you for a few moments, his face a mix of emotion.
"Why?" He asks after grasping at words for a few moments.

"Because you could be hurt, a blow to the head could-"

"No." He cuts you off. "Why do you care so fucking much man? You talk me down in that parking lot, you help get my mom out of that jam with Anarky, and now you wanna take me to a doctor on your day off? You came to check on us off the clock? What do you want from us?"

"I'm sorry?"

"Nobody works for free, DL. There's a catch, something."

"Caesar, where is this coming from?" You ask him, getting up from your chair to move closer, the resulting squeak against the floor makes him jump in his seat, almost imperceptibly, and it all clicks. He's afraid. He put on a brave face but when it comes down to it he's still a kid, a kid who suffered a violent assault, and just got told it could have seriously damaged him internally. Growing up in Gotham makes you tough but it makes you cold right along with it.

"You already talked me into snitching on some dudes, are you working me? Trying to make me into a CI or some shit? Cause I appreciate what you've done DL, but I ain't the GCPD's boy."

You look at Caesar and feel a wave of sadness wash over you, not from the shivers, from the depths of your own stomach. This is the type of child the city raises when left alone.

>"I got into this work to help people. That doesn't stop when I'm off the clock, there are plenty of others in the Department who feel the same way."
>"I'm not asking for anything other than for you to trust me, you don't have to trust the GCPD or even like cops. Just let me help where I can."
>"I'm not asking you to do anything for the GCPD, your problem with those two guys is going to be handled personally, not on GCPD time."
>"If it wasn't for the police your mom would still be and Anarky mule. Get over yourself, we don't want anything from you."
>Write-In