Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[128 / 10 / 1]

Crusaders Quest

ID:WjrfQmBp No.5991405 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
More than a year has passed since the call to arms by pope Urban II in Clermont. Religious zeal spread wildly though all of Christendom, gathering fanatics, monks, liegeless soldiers, the disinherited and the second sons to the banners with the cross. A huge mob of Christian peasantry, hastily rushing towards the Holy Land lead by <span class="mu-i">Peter the Hermit</span>, met their doom in the treacherous terrains of Asia Minor six months ago. <span class="mu-b"><span class="mu-i">Turks...</span></span> <span class="mu-s"><span class="mu-i">Bohemond of Taranto</span></span> scoffs. A boulder of a man, Norman by descend, is sitting alone in a high balcony, facing the huge city. As per his request, the Greek ruler, pretentiously calling himself the emperor of all romans, Alexios Komnenos, granted him a tower to serve as his guest quarters. He likes his solitude and the overindulging comfort of the Imperial palace isn't the right place for his soldier heart. Yet he admires the view, Constantinople truly is magnificent in its sheer size.

Bohemond, diligent as always, was first to arrive. The metropolis was set as the gathering point for the nobles who were joining the crusade. For the past few weeks he met the arriving <span class="mu-s"><span class="mu-i">Baldwin of Lorraine</span></span>, <span class="mu-s"><span class="mu-i">Godfrey of Bouillon</span></span>, <span class="mu-s"><span class="mu-i">Robert II of Flanders</span></span> and their retinues, all experienced and respected commanders. Then came bishop <span class="mu-s"><span class="mu-i">Adhemar de Monteil</span></span>, a dear acquaintance of Bohemond, selected by the pope as the crusade's spiritual leader. In another week's time came <span class="mu-s"><span class="mu-i">Hugh of Vermands</span></span> and <span class="mu-s"><span class="mu-i">Stephen of Blois</span></span> - the former just a boy, the latter - a noble without any notable achievements. Then there was <span class="mu-s"><span class="mu-i">Peter the Hermit</span></span> who miraculously survived the Turkish attacks. Despite failing the peasant's crusade, he is warmly welcomed by the orthodox Greek community. Finally the rich but inexperienced duke <span class="mu-s"><span class="mu-i">Raymond IV of Toulouse</span></span> arrives with a huge retinue. Bohemond surmises that he must be contributing almost forty percent of all crusader forces.

Alexios Komnenos is always there with Bohemond, greeting each new arriving crusader noble, inquiring about their journey, graciously providing lavish gifts, luxurious resting quarters, brand new barracks for their men and horses, calculated smile on his lips. In exchange for supplies along their long way, the crusaders are scheduled to swear oaths to the emperor in a few days, guaranteeing that all conquered lands by the crusaders will be returned to the Byzantines with the exception of Jerusalem.

Forces: 7 000 knights | 35 000 foot soldiers | 9 000 archers and crossbows

Morale: High ---> piety: +piece of the True Cross +Adhemar +Peter the Hermit -in a city (prostitutes/drinking) | provisions: +food in the city +water in the city +many war and pack horses