Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[42 / 10 / 59]

Crazy Lego People

No.10701747 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I need to ask you something /toy/ and this question is mostly for the crazy lego people or people who know these cray lego people.

In some sense this also involves minecraft...
So people who make your own lego models of star ships etc.

Why are you doing that?
Serious question.

Why are you torturing yourself by trying to model something from lego parts?

Trying to force your vision in the limited lenses of lego peaces?

Seriously for people who make your own lego models of star ships from the expanse....
Can you not see that it would be faster, cheaper and far more pleasurable and easy to make this in almost any other medium?

I mean 3D modeling is far simpler and far more easy and far more pleasurable then
>Aha I try to make the rosi from the expanse... Hmm what obscure lego part can I use to best approximate this part of the ship?

It would be far better to start with polymeric clay or 3D modeling then trying to do that.

Why do people do that?
Did they never learn any skills in any other medium?
OR what?

I mean we are literally in the lego VS playdoh meme territory since you can practically do anything with adult polymeric clay. Literalyl the only limitation is that the entire thing will start collapsing on itself do to gravity and you need to insert metal into it to keep it from holding in one place.

You can do any shape in clay.
And in 3D modeling once you master the skills to actually do it it is literally child's play and the only limitation is how much RAM you have in your computer.
>3D modeling software stops responding
>OS stops responding
>Fan speed increases
>Fuck did I run out of RAM?

Can anyone explain this to me?