Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[37 / 6 / 23]

No.10797272 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>Mezco Doom costs around 6x more than Hasbro Doom because they raised the price by giving him that Cosmic Drainer that literally nobody is ever going to use
>Mezco didn't even do any sculpting on the armour to make it more ornate, while in every single other figure they do they add unnecessary lines all over the clothing
>didn't even get his eye colour right
Who buys these things? I'm a huge Doomfag to the point where I try to collect everything with him, hence why I had this on PO. But honestly? I'm cancelling. This thing is a disgrace. I'm not paying 150+shipping+ taxes for this POS. Yet somehow OneQ12s are extremely popular and sell out all the time. Why? How do their fans justify the cost? I don't collect Legends, the only ones I have are their 3 Dooms (Classic/Modern, Infamous and God Emperor) and a Namor, but looking at the two side by side, I struggle to see the point. I collect 1/6th (yes I know, you hate them, moving on) mainly, with JoyToy's 40K being my secondary collection. So I'm used to dropping mad cash. But at least those figures are worth it. 1/6th are basically poseable museum figures, you buy them for the realism. Nowadays they even have real hair. Legends you can play around with, as I've found from my Namor. But these Mezcos are overpriced, the clothing is baggy, the sculpts are washed out and while better than the Hasbro ones, not really "great", and you can't even play with them since they're always brittle.

Can anyone explain this to me? If I want a display piece I'll wait for the Hot Toys versions. If I want a cheap Doom to play around with, I'll get the Legend. If I want a good looking and poseable toy, I'll wait for one of the import brands to make him (Figma, Revoltech, etc). Why would anyone drop ~200 bucks, pretty much 2/3rds of a Hot Toy, on a Mezco doll, that is 6" of baggy clothing? Is it just US-based coping collectors who are too stubborn to buy 1/6th? You can literally buy 1 12" for 2 Mezcos, it's not much of a difference.