Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[44 / 8 / 1]

Show and Tell Saturday!

No.10959025 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Had a long week at work and so it’s nice for it to finally be the weekend so I can relax and mess around with some cool toys. Post your recent hauls or figures you maybe messed around with and posed today. Feel free to “review” your figures as I have as well.
For my show and tell, I finished my Indiana Jones Adventure Series collection. The final figure I needed was Kazim. Surprisingly enough, he’s hard to come by in the U.S. as a limited release Target exclusive that went clearance early on, he’s been vacant since. I had to pay up for him; but the rest of the figures I was able to grab on discount at some point or another. Very glad I was finally able to finish it.
Some thoughts:
Overall pretty good collection but missing many “layup” figures such as Mola Ram, Willie Scott, any Crystal Skull figure, Sallah from LC, Col Diedrich, Col Vogel, Cairo Swordsman, etc.
Another issue I have with the set is that non standardization of box sizes. Primarily the double Brody-Belloq pack. It’s way too wide and looks strange next to the others. The “deluxe” ROTLA Indy is also a large box, but at least there is a reason for it. The double pack could have been sold as seperate figures.
My biggest complaint, which is kind of mind boggling is that we are missing the Antikythera itself, the main mcguffin from DOD. Why didn’t it come with DOD Indy? I have no Idea, Hasbro.
I’d give this a 7/10. Pretty good, but definitely room for improvement.
Cheers!