Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[43 / 5 / ?]

Toy hobby and Aspergers Syndrome

No.7997073 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I feel like this is the only place where i can ask this question because as usual when you are at absolutely worst time 4chan is the only one who will hear you out.
Also the amount of words probably will make this story difficult to go through.

has anybody on /toy/ faced predjuice from "normal people" based on your hobby? And how bad did the situation was?

Im very active on /toy/ and i was here for many years. I also lived in a very small town for many years so i made a choice to be away from society, enjoy freelance job and toy collectiong without that much interraction with society.

But later i became friends with a person older than me (an absolute normie, his normie level is so high he don't even know how to use internet properly because "i prefer voice conversations"). He connected to me not only by friendship but also by our job.
And the problems started to appear when i entered his social circle.
I instantly understood that the judgement that other /toy/ anons face is real and not some inflated bullshit (remember - before his social circle i lived in my perfect world with my toys and basically never faced the fact that this hobby considered weird)
My friend was shocked that i collect toys and first couldn't even believe it. He even got angry at some point after he saw how much money i can spend on toys.
He talked few times mentioning that after things get better i might wont need those toys anymore and start a "normal life"

It all ended up that his friend (a person i really liked and wanted to be friends with) outright sent me a link to the site about Aspergers Syndrome and started conversation trying to assume that i might have it. And he told me that he has this assumption based of stuff that my friend told him about me.
(post Continue)