Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[88 / 9 / ?]

No.12612061 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hello, /vp/. I have a short little story for you. The story isn't very interesting or important, but it will guide you towards the end of this post where my request of you comes into play, so bear with me.
>Be me
>At home over winter break, playing pokemon on an emulator (Doing a randomized run)
>hear my dad come up the stairs
>He's been blind for about 5 years now
>He comes into my room, asks me what I'm up to.
>I tell him, wholeheartedly expecting to hear the "Aren't you a bit too old for pokemon" speech I've heard so much about on this board
>He gets quiet for a little bit
>Looks over to me, looking like he wants to say something.
>"Hey, anon?"
>"Yeah, dad?"
>"Do... Do you think you could teach me how to play those games on my computer downstairs?"
>I am obviously a bit taken aback, but I obviously agree
>Within a few hours I've gotten pokemon roms on his computer and I'm helping him Navigate through New Bark Town
>Within another hour, he's begun using audio cues in the game to help him navigate on his own, using music, the little bump noise when you've impacted a wall or obstacle
>He goes on to enjoy multiple pokemon games without ever seeing the pokemon for himself.

So, here comes my proposition to you.
My dad remembers most of the gen 1 pokemon designs and a little of gen 2, but if there's any pokemon you'd like to hear his description of, solely based on the Cries, Dex entries, and their names, just lay it down in this thread and I'll ask him.
I have him on skype right now, and he's cool with the idea of sharing his interpretations.