Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[13 / 3 / ?]

No.17224656 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
pokemon you have changed your opinion about

let's hear your stories, /vp/: which ones grew on you? which ones you ended up disliking even though they started out as bros?

for me, the positives would be:

>Electivire
I've always loved Elekid, been pretty ok with Electabuzz, and feel like I've been to hard on Electivire's design when gen IV came out

>Lopunny & Venomoth
I had to use these two in a team due to a randomized run and the thought really bothered me, but then I realized they aren't so bad after all gameplay-wise, which arguably means anything since single player is piss easy, but still I kinda got attached to them

besides, I didn't know much about Lopunny other than all of the sexualization, and this fucker learns Dizzy Punch, that's kinda cool

>Mega Ampharos
Sheep = Dragon fucking killed me, until they explained to me it's a pun, then my OCD calmed down

>Archeops
used to hate this one, then I kind of got the whole "point" of it, being the first flying pokemon and having that funny flying animation on XY, plus he doesn't look too bad and is even a good fossil concept, being more reptile-like than bird-like

the negatives:

>Gourgeist
I was so excited that this gen finally brought me one of the only two type combinations I really wanted, ghost/grass, not on just one but on two pokemon, and was even more amazed at using Trevenant which is a beast, but Gourgeist didn't strike me as remarkable either in competitive games nor design after all, although I guess a pumpkin ghost/grass sounds obligatory

>Gliscor
>playing soulsilver
>"fuck, I always wanted to try one of these!"
>evolve a gligar
>pitiful single player performance
>"well that was a disappointment"
>get into competitive
>it's the annoying stalling smugshit icon
welp

>Snorlax
always had it in my team as a kid, now I kind of don't care