Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[3 / 1 / ?]

No.33288251 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Forgive the autism, but am I the only one who misses the more restrictive movepools of past generations? I'm not talking about the gen 1 retardation where Pokemon didn't even get any good STAB moves for one or more of their types(Looking at you Zard), I just miss it when not every pokemon and their mother could learn a 120 BP special fighting type move.

There were always Pokemon with good coverage(Usually normal types), and there were always really good moves that almost anybody could learn like EQ, Surf and BoltBeam, but now there's Stone Edge, Focus Blast, Sucker Punch/Knock Off, Hurricane, and the list goes on and on. And of course there's Stealth Rock. Spikes is limited to a select few Pokemon, Sneaky Pebbles is handed out like cancerous candy, and is flat out better than Spikes.

Combine this with powercreep in moves in general(fuck Boomburst) and suddenly every pokemon runs the same few moves, and anybody who doesn't have them is garbage because they can't compete. I just wish less pokemon had been given absurdly stronk coverage moves. Hard-hitting moves of many types should've been a bonus, not a requirement.

/rant