Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[324 / 89 / ?]

Just curious

No.33562305 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I don't know where to begin... So I'm Truegreen7, a Poketuber. (would be pretty fine if you didn't believe me)

Every few months or so I go on 4chan to read a couple of threads about Poketubers. It's interesting to step away from the bubble of my own community and see what anonymous people think of us Pokemon YouTubers. While I totally understand that the kind of people who tend to frequent 4chan wouldn't have a proclivity for watching my sort of content, I'm just trying to get into the mind of a person who actively despises a majority of Poketubers. (Although now that I look at it, there are a lot of Poketubers. It makes sense to hate most of 'em)

I guess the point of it all is to ask whether or not you think Poketubing is completely hopeless. Imagine just for a second that not every Poketuber was an "autistic faggot" and a few of us were acquaintances of yours who legitimately wanted to create Pokemon related content; how would you constructively criticize us in a manner conducive of positive change? (act as if we were face to face) Speaking for myself, I'm a Computer Art Major (3D Animation, Compositing, VFX, etc.) so making films is my profession. I just so happen to make videos about a franchise we all love. While I frequently make videos in a format that is ridiculed (Top 10s) my goal is to create high quality Pokemon videos that are visually pleasing and sound great. I strive to output videos that look like they took a lot of time to make. (for example, I animate Sugimori art, I actually try to fluidly edit footage so the cuts transition beautifully, I focus on the soundtrack of the video, etc.) I tend to concentrate on Pokemon origins, lore, etymology, music and other underappreciated facets of the franchise that I find fascinating... Is this inherently bad?

I know it's counter-intuitive to try to get concise answers from anonymous Pokemon fans, but I'm extremely curious whether or not some kind of discourse can provide something positive to us all.