Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[197 / 35 / ?]

No.35786374 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
At first I would roll my eyes at people who wanted the next Pokemon gen to be all open-world and Breath-of-the-wildy... but after seeing what they are introducing in Let's Go Pikachu I think that it's the way forward.

I don't see the point of removing random encounters but keeping tall grass like they decided to do in LGP/E. Unless they are introducing this new mechanic for the future. As it stands, wild Pokemon on the overworld look like glorified Pac-Man enemies just walking around in pre-generated loops. The maps are cluttered, and it makes hunting/avoiding pokemon way too easy. However, if in the future they decided to make maps bigger and more sparsely populated, I could see it being really cool. The pokemon could actually interact with their environment. Their natures could determine whether they would run up to you and start a fight or run away and be hard to catch. They could get rid of the grid-like movement and really open things up. If they got rid of random-encounters and implemented large, lightly populated maps- I think it could be the shake up pokemon needs.

Is it too early to make these judgement calls (I mean, obviously yes- but) I'm curious to hear your thoughts, /vp/.