Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[109 / 14 / ?]

The official reason why Game Freak has released new Pokémon games almost every year

No.35910987 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Coming from the official German Pokémon OR/AS guide. Sorry for the poor translation. I hope you can understand the most important points.

In recent years Game Freak has released new Pokémon game almost every year. How is this possible?

> Junichi Masuda: Luckily, we have very talented people at Game Freak. That's the reason why I'm not worried to give other people the position of beeing the director for some games while I create completely new games like Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. For Black 2 and White 2 Takao Unno was the director, this time Mr. Ohmori was the director [for OR/AS]. When giving the position of the director to another person I must be convinced that he has the right vision for the game. While the responsibility for the project is in the hands of another person this person has the chance to use his full creativity. I always hope that the complete dev team supports the director and doing their best to create a high quality game. Releasing games in short time intervals is always a race against time. The more time you invest to develop a game the better the game will be in the end. There are however different factors which prevent that. If it would always take us three years to develop a game, we wouldn't match with the fast pace of the modern world. When thinking about the release date we have to ask ourselves when the demand for the games is at its highest point. When having only one year of development time it's easier to use the things we have right now and decide what should maintain and what whould be improved in the next game. After this we have to create the best result we could get in the time we have to develop the game.