Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[16 / 6 / ?]

No.36239050 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Alright /vp/ i've reached my FUCKING breaking point, I need to talk about this. I need to bring this up.

It's about cloning in pokemon.
So here's my problem. People who clone pokemon are also generally against hacking and injecting. Even so called pokemon "Purists"find clones to be legally generated and completely acceptable. Everywhere I go, in all wifi distribution places, a large amount of people there are distributing clones in giveaways, many people are asking for clones.

Here is why this is such a problem.
The argument for why clones are legitimate, is that the data of the clone itself is not obtained by the means of a hacking device. Therefore because the data doesn't come from a cheating device, that data is legal.
That because in a vacuum the data for a clone and a pokemon obtained from the game are completely identical, they're both equal.
THIS. DOESN'T. WORK.

Here is the problem. Here is why clones do not count as legitimate pokemon. They do not count simply because, THEY ARE NOT GENERATED IN A WAY THE PROGRAMMERS DESIGNED THE GAME TO LEGALLY GENERATE A POKEMON. THAT MAKES THEM ILLEGALLY GENERATED. IF IT IS NOT GENERATED BY HOW THE LAWS OF THE GAME WERE INTENTIONALLY SET IN PLACE BY THE PROGRAMMERS TO LEGALLY GENERATE THEM, IT DOESN'T FUCKING COUNT AS A LEGITIMATE POKEMON. FUCKING HELL WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND

So no! Your clone of an event deoxys from generation 3 is not legitimate!It wasn't obtained at the fucking actual event! Its just a fucking copy! It doesn't matter if the data looks completely the same! It's still worlds apart in authenticity because of how it was created!

Would you take a perfectly counterfeited black lotus from magic the gathering and say its just as valuable and real as a one? Even if in all ways it looked completely identical? Hell no! It still has no value at all! Its not authentic either!

What a damn fucking shame that cloning has actually ruined online trading and any sense of value in pokemon.