Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[65 / 25 / ?]

Trubbish/Garbador Appreciation Thread

No.38676194 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Gonna post this analysis from an anon way back in 2012 or so.

>With roughly six hundred and fifty of them running around, Pokémon cater to just about every taste imaginable, but truth be told, they cater to mine in only small doses. Sure, I find virtually all of them interesting to some extent, but it took Gamefreak's creative team a whopping fifteen years, nineteen core games and five hundred sixty eight creatures to finally bring me that single, positively perfect Pokemon line of my dreams:

The Trash Pokémon

Made entirely of living, sentient garbage brought to life by toxic waste, Trubbish and its evolution Garbodor hit on every single thing that could possibly appeal to me the most in a cartoon monster. Their vacant bug-eyes, serrated teeth and amorphous, rotten bodies are at once bizarrely ghoulish and charmingly pathetic, the same set of characteristics I've strived to perfect in my own monster designs. They simultaneously remind me of many other personal favorites - a little Hedorah, a little Raremon, even a dash of Rat Fink - and are definitely the first thing I'd ask for if pocket monsters actually existed.

I guess what I'm trying to express here, if it's still not clear enough, is that I approve of garbage Pokémon...so how does the rest of the fandom feel?