Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[31 / 2 / ?]

No.39060372 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Okay, so here are my ideas for a fan game project I’m looking into starting. Previous thread can be seen here. >>39057092

>Taken back to an old region. Thinking Sinnoh, Unova, or Kanto + Johto.
>Set in its own time outside the mainline games, probably 10+ years later.
>Mostly new faces, some make a return.
>Same well known and loved map, with edits and extras as well as an expansion to it.
>A gym for each type.
>Gym leaders giving Z crystals instead of tms.
>A challenge for collecting mega stones.
>Non-Linear progression (Go where you want, when you want)

I’m workshopping this, I want to be clear about that. This is in no way a set in stone thing. While I’d like to make this a project I can work on with some help, make a full explorable 3D environment and all that lovely shit, if I can’t I’m more than happy to go along by myself and make the kind of game I would want to play in the classic 2D style we all know.

Give me your thoughts, give me any advice. Resources I should look into and anything else you can think of. Don’t bother trying to dissuade me from doing it, it’s not even something set in stone anyways. Even if I don’t see it going exactly to plan, you can bet your ass I’ll eventually post something on a much lower scale, because it’s a project I want to work on in my own time.

Aside from that, what are some things you think would be good to add? What are some things you would personally like to see?

Lastly, which is better? 2D or 3D?