Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[36 / 7 / ?]

No.41875726 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I really hate this game. After hearing such universal praise for it, I thought I'd give it a try, since I played some of the earlier PMD entries as a kid. But everything about it, makes me so disappointed. The dungeons being randomly-generated often leads to ugly and confusing areas, with multiple paths leading to absolutely nowhere. I really think that designing specific areas could lead to more memorable locations. The combat is also atrocious and horribly unbalanced, with moves like confuse ray absolutely destroying my team, since I essentially cannot attack for 4-5 turns. I also found that my moves miss quite often, with stuff like tackle even being hard to hit with. Hell, even the movement feels off, with the game stopping every 3 seconds for the textbox to display something. It becomes even worse when weather is in effect, and it has to tell me that my team is taking damage everytime. The story is basic and pretty easy to guess what's going to happen and as far as I can tell is pretty much identical to Explorers of Darkness and Time. Is there something that I'm missing here? The special episodes don't really seem too enticing and I have zero desire to play extra dungeons from Spinda's Cafe. I want to like these games, but after being stuck in Temporal Spire for 2+ hours it just wears down on me.