Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[21 / 7 / ?]

What would you want in a perfect pokemon game?

No.44430701 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I love these kinda threads. So here.

I'm learning coding and shit, and I'd love to work on my own pokemon game at some point, so lets talk about the things we'd want in our ideal pokemon game.

2d with gen 5 aesthetic and movement. Short animations for all trainers and fun/cool/cute loops for pokemon. Specific animations for pokemon using their specific signature moves.

One main story line in the form of a quest. Something that's entirely optional.

Multiple quest system, a world that feels alive and vibrant.

Open and explorable. Levels scale with you, so it's always somewhat challenging.

All trainer's have some kind of strategy behind them. Whether it's "SPAM DAMAGING MOVE UNTIL OPPONENT DIES" all the way to "Switch into U-turn for weakness policy boost + rattled."

Camping, but actually good.
-Able to buy your own new kinds of tents, different sizes and colors and designs.
-Two types of cooking. One for your trainer and one for your pokemon.
-Making food for yourself gives you different kinds of effects, from spotting hidden items, finding rare pokemon even keeping pokemon away, earning more money and more.
-Food for your pokemon could heal, give exp boosters, boost ev gain and more.
-Pet pokemon similar to amie.
-Play minigames with your team, catching berries, racing, etc.
-Take a picture with your team in a method where you get a sprite of your team and your trainer with various poses you can use in order to build a scene. While limited, can still be a fun addition.

Character customization in higher ability. Age, height and more right off the bat. Plus the ability to buy more clothing.

Different pokeball throwing animations for yourself, all of which are unlocked at the start. A set for sending out pokemon and throwing a ball at a wild mon.

One gym for each type of pokemon, plus more for different things. Double battles, item use, rotation, inverse, triple, and more.

Mega evolution.

> CONT.