Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[142 / 13 / ?]

Has the Pokemon Anime Series' English Dub Become Garbage?

No.44854130 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
A serious question to ask, given the English dub of Pokemon has been panned harder than ever since the XY Series began due to music replacement getting worse than it ever was in the 4Kids (Kanto-Hoenn, 98-06) Era or the earlier TPCi era (Battle Frontier-Unova, 07-13) by the fandom, and beginning with late XY onward, censorship practices that used to be a relic of 90s dubs have returned. This has not improved and only gotten worse into Sun & Moon and Journeys, either, a recent Journeys dub episode even removed a Galar Gym theme (that would've been kept in the English dub under 4Kids and even in TPCi's earlier years with the Series).

The Anime and related Movies being garbage itself as opinion or not be damned, an open question, I'm strictly talking about the English language dub of the Series. I for one, tend to agree with the general consensus it has gone to hell by this point and being relegated to Netflix only in the States speaks for itself, but what do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXHtAz3QpYE

I mean, consider:

>The English dub is still censoring things in Journeys
>The English dub's voice acting has been very questionable for years now, but Goh and the TR Rotom Dex's are some of the worst voices to come out of the whole Series to many fans, as is Lillie's.
>The English dub still rewrites the scripts heavily
>The English dub replaces more of the OST than it ever used to

Thoughts, /vp/?