Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[12 / 1 / ?]

Is It Ok To Play & Enjoy Pokemon In Your 30's?

No.47665111 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I grew up playing Pokemon gens 1 and 2. But before 3 was release my family got on the religious craze and deemed the game demonic so I was no longer allowed to play.

By the time I was 18 and on my own, I was already out of video gaming completely. However, around 29 I bought a Xbox One X, a New 3DS, and a Switch and jumped head first back into gaming. Naturally I got back into Pokemon too....heavy.

I'm 31 now. I've replayed through gen 1 and 2, played through all the gen 3 games multiple times now, and played gens 6 and 7 through twice. I actively play SwSh but haven't got around to gens 4 and 5 at all yet but I will soon.

I think my obsession now is making up for time lost for a game I truly love as a kid but had it taken away from me. My fear now is that I'm just too old to be playing...but I want to play.

Whenever I go out and play Pokemon go, I see tons of people my age playing and hell even older, but I don't know if that translates to the same demographic as the main games. Like I get genuinely hyped about wanting to battle someone in SwSh...but then tone myself down when I realize the only ones that I might be actually battling are children.

So like, am I just too old to be playing? I want to be into gen 9 heavy too, and play competitively. But I'd be like 33 or 34 by then. Is it even a feasible thing for someone my age? Should I grow up? Lol