Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[3 / 1 / ?]

Pokémon Z idea

No.48775643 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Has anyone ever tried to do a Pokémon Z hack-rom using X/Y as the base game? I had this idea for a while, but I'm not sure it would be very interesting. Gen 6 editing tools are pretty limited, so there's not so much I could do. Here are some of my ideas for a possible game:
>Changing the 450 Pokémon available on the regional dex. Since there's no tool for actually changing the regional dex order, I would have to manually switch the Pokémon data and animation from the ones I wanna change. For example, if I swap Chespin and Magby's data, Magby will be the new #1 in the regional dex. I would mainly remove Kanto Pokémon and add some Pokémon from other regions to make the dex more balanced (111 out of the 151 Kanto Pokémon are in the X/Y regional dex), and also to replace some of the mega evolutions with the new ones introduced in ORAS. Also, considering models from gen 6 and gen 7 are basically the same, another possibility would be adding some of the Alola mons.
>Change the Kanto starters to the Hoenn starters (and add the Hoenn starters mega evolutions)
>Remove the Kanto legendaries, using their events as slots for the Kalos legendaries. The Xerneas/Yveltal encounter will be replaced by a Zygarde encounter, Mewtwo will be replaced by Xerneas and Zygarde will be replaced by Yveltal, since in third versions all the three main legendaries are catchable (Dialga, Palkia and Giratina are catchable in Platinum, for example). Also, it would be interesting if the other Kalos legendaries could also be obtained. The Zapdos/Moltres/Articuno roaming encounter could be replaced by Hoopa, and it would make sense since Hoopa uses portals to traverse through the region. There aren't any other legendarY events in X/Y, so I would still need to figure out a way of putting Diancie and Volcanion in the game, but not as wild encounters.