Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[252 / 24 / ?]

No.49376828 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
It’s a little depressing seeing people saying this is what Pokémon always should have been and it’s good that the series is “finally” changing the formula.

The mainline Pokémon formula is one I consider infinitely replayable, and changing out the setting and adding new mons and trainers is a great way to keep it fresh. It’s fine if you don’t enjoy the core game, but why do you then demand that it should change to cater to you instead of just accepting you don’t like it and play something else? I can understand thinking like that if you’re 9 years old and think Charizard is the coolest thing ever and you think turn based battles are boring. But I can’t understand how you can be an adult and supposedly like Pokémon yet insist that it should be something entirely different.

I don’t mind PLA existing, and I’ll probably play it if it’s a fun game. But even if it is fun, it’s not a substitute for an actual Pokémon game. I just don’t see the logic in thinking this unique formula that fans clearly love should be scrapped just because you want to play some generic action game and it’s somehow imperative that these specific cartoon characters are in it instead of just playing the countless other existing games that probably cater to your taste.