Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[19 / 3 / 15]

Waddya think about regional variants anons?

No.49891427 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So I like regional variants in general. They're a good way to breath nnew life into older mons who get less attention, and sometimes adding regional evos. If I like a mon, I'll generally like a fresh new take on it too. If I'm indifferent about a mon, maybe the variant will be cool and I'll like the OG mon more as well.

In gen 6 gamefreak jumped to 3d and started cutting down on the amount of new mons. Gamefreak aint no good at doing 3D games much. But they made Mega forms, and in gen 7 and 8, they added regional variants.

I see some folks say that making regional variants helps keep the dex less bogged down, but they're still making new models. I guess it's much easier to make a new form based on an existing model than to make a new mon from the ground up.

Would you prefer no forms and more new mons, or are you happy with the current system?

I know people meme on variants like they just add hair n' shit, what would you like to see from variants moving forward?

Also, do you see any mons from pic-related getting variants? Maybe Gardevoir, but the rest are too iconic to the brand imo. They had their chance in gen 7 with Pikachu but just did Raichu. Raichu needs more love though, so fluffy pancake bullshit go!!!

So anon, do you like regional variants?