Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[306 / 45 / 84]

NIGHT / DAY = SHIT

No.50547463 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'm sorry don't get me wrong but looking back at how the night and day mechanics were executed more and more it becomes apparent how they are really quite cringe. As someone who only had a limited time to play as a kid and it was nearly always in the evenings I was essentially permanently stuck on a permanently dark johto. I mean the aesthetic is lovely and all but it would be more impactful when I get to see it switch between night and day often not to mention you can probably imagine how disheartening it is to be constantly barraged by zubat and hoothoot everywhere I go.

And come on, it literally makes no sense whatsoever, that, for example, one moment it's daytime in game, you save the game and stop playing until the evening and when you get back to it it's suddenly night time despite in universe your trainer character being on the exact same spot, meaning that if time was passing while you weren't playing the dude was standing still in place for hours on end.
Clearly there's a disconnect that could have easily been fixed simply by having an ingame time cycle completely independent from the real world that could be modulated so days go by much quicker than in real time for a more dynamic experience like in so many games such as Stardew Valley or Ocarina of Time.

Btw, as an aside, let's not forget this mess is the reason the internal batteries of the cartridge have gotten fucked over the years.

Thoughts?