Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[6 / 3 / 6]

Cutting the dex is a good thing for the franchise

No.52133853 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Not saying they made the perfect cuts, but the real idea behind it all makes sense. In my mind there are two kinds of cuts

(1) cutting 300 total stat shitmons e.g. picrel. I don't know why they put so many shitters in the games. Not talking about mons that are borderline useable but invalidated by format specific cicrumstances. I'm talking about the ones that will never see use under any circumstances. Are these just to filter morons? They can keep 100 shitmons in there for that, no need for any more. Cutting them is a good thing because it takes nothing away from the game strategically. It also gives developers more time to work on important aspects of gameplay, balancing types movepools ability etc for compettiive play.

(2) cutting overpowered mons that kill the meta. This is ANOTHER good thing, because it allows more and different pokemone to take centerstage and allows for more creativity for teambuilders.

So if we leave in 100 filtermons, another 100-150 prevo mons, 50-100 niche use mons and the core 100 strong but balanced metagame mons we are right in the 350-400 pokemon zone. This is EXACTLY where we are at the base game now. Most likely, as they did in SwSh, they will increase the dex later on and slowly add in more overpowered mons, diluting the metagame somewhat by doing this but keeping it from getting stale within the generation.

BBND fags think they are so much smarter than everyone but guess what, there's a reason this franchise is wildly successful. The developers know what the fuck they are doing, whether or not you are able to comprehend that is another matter.