Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[15 / 2 / 11]

No.53783514 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>be me, millennial NEET loser
>13 year old cousin from faraway comes over to stay for 5 days
>stays in my old room, finds my old Pokewalker and Pokémon card collection and squeals in excitement browsing through the binders
>apparently he's a huge Pokémon fan, plays showdown and watches a lot of gameplays on YouTube, can name most Pokémon, etc
>Asks if I have a Switch and can play Pokémon Scarlet, he's always wanted to play
>Say yes because his parents don't let him own game consoles
>He takes 5 hours to get past Mezagoza, spends additional time getting Pokémon with right natures and buying EV items
>Tell him it doesn't matter because it's offline, recommend him to play at a pace so he can finish his playthrough before he leaves
>Discovers surprise trade
>Gets a hacked shiny with a website nickname first try, gets excited and spends a whole day surprise trading in anticipation for more
>Gets lost around Paldea frequently, asking me to help transport him to story locations, needs help with gym challenges too
>Consistently moans 'Oh god' whenever AI picks a move, implying the battles are stressing him
>20 hours in and he's nowhere close to finishing the game
>Parents take him out to Walmart to buy an overpriced Pokémon TCG Tin
>Come home and suddenly loses interest in Scarlet, watches walkthroughs of the ending on YouTube
>Spends the last two days playing Roblox on his parents MacBook
>Parents pick him up after
>Go in the room he was staying to clean it up
>He forgot his TCG Tin

I guess this is what the target audience of Pokémon games are ever since the advent of smartphones, not adults who have a lack of hobbies. Anyone have similar stories?