Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[150 / 41 / 66]

Pokemon Gen 2

No.54663001 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
How is it so fucking good lads? I've been playing Crystal (I'm the guy who made the HGSS vs Crystal thread a while back) and it's been a blast. I've only just got to Ecruteak City but I feel like I've done so much already. With all the time spent between doing daily activities like collecting berries/apricorns, visiting Kurt for custom balls, listening to radio programs like Buena's passward, etc, and all the spontaneous calls for trainer rematches (I've had several), swarms (caught a dunsparce AND a Qwilfish so far), and item give-aways (Ty for the berries Wade), I'd often have barely any time left for actual progression. Overall these games just feel astoundingly full of content for such simple games. Originally I was just gonna train a team of 6 mons and kinda binge play through the game (I started like 3 days ago after all), but the game has really naturally pushed me to do more stuff and train more mons along the way in ways that other pokemon games don't. The way the world is designed just feels like it perfectly facilitates constant play as well, I've been through every area several times over so far and there's always something for me to do on my way through, whether it's entirely new areas side areas you just unlocked, rare items behind previously insurmountable barriers, or even just a few berry trees, there's ALWAYS something. This is actually my first time playing a johto game aside from heartgold so I'm excited to see how things go moving forward.