Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[67 / 9 / 48]

DLC 2 story is kinda shit

No.55049851 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'm so conflicted on the DLC 2 and SV as a whole
In terms of gameplay, it was pretty good. I liked the different biomes in the terrarium and the Elite Four members were all pretty likeable, especially Drayden. The exploration aspect has also been top notch, though I believe they should restrict the climbing in the next games because it makes it really easy to skip a bunch of well-designed areas
The battles were all very challenging as well and I liked coming up with different strategies. I haven't done all the legendary missions, but I've enjoyed the ones I did so far, same with the League Club interactions
Now the main problem I have with it is the story, it's just so fucking bad guys. I have a lot of complaints so I'll try to summarize them:
>Kieran's character is really bad. He's not intimidating at all, and comes of as a whiny little bitch at the end. The developers had a very nice "origin" story for him as a villain in the Teal Mask but then completely botched said story in place for a wholesome "friendship" plot. This left the story with no actual antagonist and no big conflict.
>Briar has no reason to exist whatsoever. Her book could've been writen by the professor, or even Arven
>The grand finale of the entire SV game has you, Carmine, Briar and Kieran fucking around Area Zero with minimal plot, no conflict at all, and a very underwhelming end. The whole Area Zero expedition is so fucking anti-climactic, especially when compared to "The Way Home from the base game. Also, where the fuck are Arven, Nemona and Penny? Arven's absence in particular is just so bad