Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[15 / 6 / 27]

No.55382768 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Starter pokemon after gen 5 unironically were a fucking mistake. Yeah, gen 5 (and gen 4) starters were fucking ugly, but hear me out.

In gen 6 they started making the starters overtly provocative, obnoxious, and/or anthropomorphic.

The gen 6 starters are actually awful. Delphox isn't a bad design but it's overtly "female" therefore obnoxious and gay. Greninja is "cool" but it's too try hard and over the top and it's a blatant shillmon therefore obnoxious and cringe. Chesnaught is just fucking ugly, and awkward.

Gen 7, Primarina, same story, it's not a bad design but it's overtly female therefore obnoxious and gay. Incineroar is fucking obnoxious. Decidueye is shit but it's probably the safest pick here, still very cucked.

Gen 8 is somehow even worse than 6 and 7. They're all so bad, ugly, obnoxious. Rillanigger is fucking awful. Cinderace is probably gay. Inteleon is so shit, what the fuck are those proportions.

Gen 9 initially I liked the cat, but it's actually gay, therefore I hate it. Absolutely no one likes the duck. The croc is ugly but at least it's not anthropomorphic so I guess it's the safe pick, but I don't even like it. And the fact that I have to even think like this with the new gens is ridiculous.

Honestly in writing this post I realize I'm taking things far too seriously. Maybe I can enjoy the nu gen starters ironically. I can tell myself they're so bad they're actually good. I don't know. You know? Fuck. But it really does feel like the nu gen starters were designed to deliberately be obnoxious, provocative, and anthropomorphic. They were designed to trigger people. You can't deny this.

Gen 3 were the best batch of starters imo. But honestly anything in gen 1, 2, or 3 is so much better than anything that came after. Gen 2 starters were boring but none of them are bad. Aaaaaaaaaaaaalgjkldfgjkdfjklgjklgfjkldfkljklgjklkdfgdflgjkldfgjdfjklgdjfkllgjkldfljgjdlfgkldfklgjkldfgljdfkgjldfgjkdfkljgdjklfgdfklgkldfgdjklfgjkldfgdlkfgjkldfgdfklgjkdf. Nigger.