Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[51 / 14 / 1]

favourite moves thread

No.55674617 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
what's your single personal favourite move across the series? anything you specifically really like about it? any personal experiences with it that stick out in your mind? can be for any reason, be it appearance in the games/anime/manga, or even if you like it just because you can and because you simply think it's cool.

i'll start: superpower.
from its extreme power, the(usually) awesome animations that really sell its power, to the risk/reward factor it has(unlike close combat, as each use makes itself weaker due to lowering the user's attack so it's much harder to mindlessly sweep with it), i can't help but love this move, it simply always feels so impactful on the outcome of every battle. it also helps that so many of my favourite 'mons get it(armaldo, absol, azumarill, flygon, aggron, golurk... the list goes on), so i'm almost never left without a user for my playthroughs. i even love the idea of it being an elite move, as it's always been purely a move tutor move(and an expensive one at that) until gen 8. my only gripe is how little distribution it has in gen 3, being limited only to the regis in rse and the nidos in frlg(a shame because gen 3 has the coolest version of the animation in my opinion).