Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[23 / 3 / ?]

Red Heart - An Analysis

No.1042082 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Red Heart is perhaps the most lyrically profound song ever created and it makes sense that the smartest and most powerful Vtuber, Haachama would devise it.

>Hi, how are you?
>Are you calling up my phone?

The first two lines sets up our main conflict Akai Haato encounters a mysterious yet familiar creature calling her phone. Both of these lines are sung by two different perspectives, the first by Haachama, the second Akai Haato.

>Baby tell me what is wrong
>Don’t you ever let me go

Here we see the parasitic nature of Haachama surface and already she has begun to infect Akai Haato, "Baby tell me what is wrong" is Haachama, the disease, pretending to show concern for Akai Haato who is starting to slip futher into schizophrenia; the second line "Don't you ever let me go" cements this, Haachama will not leave.

>Hi I am good.
>I am still looking for proof
>Am I good enough for you?
>Don’t you tell me what’s my rule

Akai Haato goes to search for a cure to her affliction and on her journey fully succumbs to Haachama after recognizing Haachama as the superior lifeform, Haachama is rejecting the rules and taking over, the schizo avatar is now in control.

>This is me are you coming on the ride
>we’re going super high
>Got to be who what I like
>You & me, Are you ready for the fight
>alright
>alright
>alright
>Let’s go!

>Stronger than I ever been before
>This is who I am
>Nothing in the way
>Today and far away
>You & me
>We make the part of me

Akai Haato watches in a blissful stupor as Haachama lives out her dreams, reaches heights that she alone could never reach, in some way Haachama completes her, in some way Haachama destroys her. The line "Got to be what I like." might seem to a dullard a meaningless misspelling but in fact speaks to the inherent self contradictory nature of her existance. Without Haachama Akai Haato is nothing, You and me, we make the part of me.

>I give you my big RED HEART
>My my big RED HEART
>My my big RED HEART
>I’ll be true to my RED HEART
>my my big RED HEART
>my my big RED HEART

The chorus reinforces the central theme of the song, Akai Haatos complete surrender to Haachama. In giving someone your heart you give them a part of yourself, in giving them your big red heart you give them your life. However the line "I’ll be true to my RED HEART" is from the perspective of Haachama, who, despite taking over Akai Haatos body, still wishes to be true to her desires and goals. Similar to the movie Fight Club where Tyler Durden exists as a manifestation of the protagonists desire for change so to is Haachama a manifestation of Akai Haato.

From a Meta perspective this could be seen as Akai Haato being a undesirable character to play, where Haachama is free and more fun Akai Haato is a lot more tied up in the trappings of being a vtuber. The song at large is essentially about a desire to ascend beyond the typical and become something more than a vtuber, something more than Akai Haato,

>Hi over there
>Thank you for coming along
>On this journey of my own
>Promise me you’ll won’t let go

This is a parallel to the first verse, instead of Haachama asking Akai Haato to not let her go, Akai Haato is now asking Haachama the same, their role has been completely reversed.

The next two verses are one of the few holistic interactions between the two sides we get.

>Yes, this is me
>I am falling but I’m strong
>Cause you got me in your arms
>Don’t you ever let me go

The first is from Akai Haato, again reinforcing the fact that it is Haachama that gives her purpose and clarity, she is falling but Haachama is strong, she realizes her weakness and understands that she cannot exist without Haachama now.

>I want you to come with me on the ride
>This is going super high
>I am falling from the sky
>Got to be who you wanna be that’s right

The second is from Haachama, responding back, she wants Akai Haato along for the ride, because, as you can tell from the last verse "Got to be who you wanna be that's right" Haachama is still true to Akai Haatos big red heart.

>I am still a girl
>Figuring out what’s true or false
>in this whole wide world

This is a meta line, the Haachama persona is still untested ground, she doesn't know if its right or wrong or true or false. She is just human.

>I’m your only girl

Their is ultimately only one girl, setting up the conflict that will come later, what follows is a conversation between viewer and Akai Haato

>Tell me once more what’s really going on with you
>I’m looking for the right one on the road
>The one that’ll always take me back to you
>This can be my home, will you be my home

Akai haato predicts the viewers will be confused by Haachama and asks the viewer to stay with her regardless, the song is credited to Haato and it is only a few streams later that the infamous feet sniffing, and with it Haachama, begins.

The song then ends with a repeat of the chorus, ending the evolution. Akai Haato is Haachama.