Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[345 / 51 / ?]

No.1573579 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Okay, a few thoughts I've been having today on a very controversial figure in HololiveEn.
I don't know how any of these Kiara Antis here can know anything about her (irl) backstory and not understand her situation and be empathetic to her. If you were to ever do research on her past (which I don't really want to necessarily promote out of respect for her) she had a rough time before she found Hololive. One of her big drives in life was her goal to become an idol. It is well-known pretty much everywhere that the Japanese/Korean idol industry is absolutely vicious, manipulative and deceitful and it makes Hollywood look like a charity. If anyone has seen the forbidden wrestling video, it is very hard to watch. She had been lied to and tricked basically into getting sexually assaulted on camera. This is roughly analogous to much of the time she spent trying to find gigs and auditions, a lot of abuse and manipulation, not uncommon for women trying to make it in pretty much any facet of the entertainment industry.
Even though her goal never quite panned out, I have a lot of respect for her because she had not only a dream, but the determination and the hard work to achieve it, which is very admirable and harder to find in people as the years pass.
So what I'm getting at with this is that sometimes her behavior is largely misinterpreted by the Antis here who aren't just straight shitposting.
People complain that she numberfags a lot - which I have yet to notice, but even if true that is understandable given her past. She finally has a good-paying, stable job that she doesn't have to be ashamed of and she has a means of expressing herself to more people than she could have realistically hoped for going into her idol gigs. She finally has a job that is stable, with a stable salary and also commissions from merch and superchats to reward her for going above and beyond. She works hard and takes pride in what she does and her numbers reinforce that for her.
People complain about how much she does the Takamori shipping on streams but the problem is exaggerated. It's entirely a bit she does because it's a funny play on the two characters and the RP/Lore stuff isn't supposed to be completely ignored after debut. Only genuine autists think she has some sort of legitimate attachment issue.
Kiara is a very hard worker and that is pretty easy to see if you just look at her channel. She takes good care of her superchatters and when glancing through her page and comparing with the others, she pretty much has everyone else gapped in terms of content hours by a not-insignificant amount. Not to say the others don't work hard or aren't as good, but it's not fair to just call her a self-centered numberfag when she puts the most time into her streams. Plus this Holotalk stuff, regardless if it's her idea or her choice to host them or not, does a good service to other Holo members and her collab efforts in general seem to be above-average.
I am very happy that Kiara seems to have found a comfortable position and I wish her all the luck in her career, even if she should ever leave Hololive. I respect her hard work after some of the things that she's experienced which would normally kill motivation for other people.
TL;DR - fuck kiara antis