Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[393 / 53 / 115]

Kson was right

No.28024688 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Disclaimer that I am not a fan of kson or coco's content, but I am starting to think Kson is right. A world where vtubers are held hostage, and friends can not show their friendship, and fans feel used, and forced graduations make their oshi cry, is not a good world.

Let there be an Outer Heaven for vtubers. Where vtubers are free to make mistakes and then pick themselves up again. Rushia violated company policies? So, assuming it is true, who exactly was even substantially hurt? And what kind of hurt was it, that can't be remedied? What would justify the fans' pain of separation, and former friends & colleagues now pretending to be strangers?

People gave Kizuna Ai's multiple voices fiasco a lot of flack. Because deep down we want to think of the character as a real person. Yet we are not consistent about that. Many are okay with all this charade and fake funerals, because "it has always been that way". It can be different. Not just at vshojo but at every other place.

I am not calling for any radical actions or forcing corporations to change (they won't until their bottom line is hurt). I am simply going to treat Cover like Disney and other big soulless companies that could treat their employees better, while supporting the ones that have more tolerant policies.