Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[23 / 2 / 20]

Parasocial isn't an insult

No.49125821 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
All forms of fandom are parasocial.
All of them. You are mentally wired to want to show off to people you deem higher status or value.
Don't pretend this isn't a new thing either, look at how fucking insane people went for Elvis Presley.

It's true that you can take it too far, but where the line is will be different for each person and each streamer. Furthermore, you can't always know the intentions of a person, the context of his actions, or his feelings towards a streamer. So ultimately it's up to the streamer to set and discuss the boundaries with their audience, and up to the individual viewer to check himself.

All of this is worth stating because the word has become some cop out for braindead redditors. They love their thought terminating cliches, so the word "parasocial" in their eyes is like a big gun to point and shoot at people they deem misaligned with their own views. "Look at these FUCKING INCELS being parasocial, huh Streamer? Who, uh, I'm not like them at all, I hope I am now better in your eyes because I pointed out this bad parasocial behavior in your vicinity, Streamer." Now that's being parasocial, lol.

Go ahead and screencap it, twitter animal.